<VV> battery area question

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 26 16:49:10 EST 2005

The battery vent tube issue has to do with the fact that the Corvair
utilizes the hot air off the engine, which comes from the engine bay, for
the cabin heat. Venting of the battery into the engine bay would be directed
into the heater, so the fumes are vented into the wheelwell.

This, I think, came out of the incident of a test engineer who was overcome
with phosgene gas, due to the battery spewing out acid onto the experimental
plastic fan during a test run.

Harry Yarnell
perryman garage and orphanage
perryman, MD