<VV> Moss Killing-no Corvair

John Hower jehower at comcast.net
Sat Mar 26 18:20:47 EST 2005

Chuck,

Check this fact sheet: http://pubs.cas.psu.edu/FreePubs/pdfs/uc094.pdf It
details many of the reasons you have moss instead of grass, and although
the wet winter doesn't help, there are other factors contributing.

Mark: few grasses will grow in heavy shade, let alone fill in to make a
nice lawn. The same fact sheet covers some things for you to look at. Best
bet is to test the soil -- your friendly local cooperative extension
service will sell you a test kit for about $6.00 -- follow its
recommendations and then look for a grass suitable to the type of shade.

John Hower
'64 Monza coupe 110/PG, Group Red with plenty of moss under and around it
... which I don't try to remove ...