<VV> Spring Cutting

vairologist at juno.com vairologist at juno.com
Sun Mar 27 02:25:29 EST 2005

------------snip------------
> Anyway, I know I can cut a coil off the stock ones to lower them,
> but I see that the original top coil is leveled off a bit where it
> seats in the upper part of the cross member. Does this not matter?
> Does this lower the car an inch? Could I just cut 1/2 a coil? If I
> am this deep, should I just get the HD springs?
Smitty says: Tom, you can cut any amount off you want but you may have
problems unless you cut exactly one coil off.  If you don't the spring
will not sit straight under load and may well start rubbing inside the
spring tower or elsewhere.  Makes a realy tacky sound.  It sounds like
someone went to a lot of trouble to avoid that problem but if you weren't
experiencing noise, they were successful