<VV> Battery area question

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Sun Mar 27 10:12:42 EST 2005

That's pretty much news to me. Having never seen such beasts before, I
only knew of the Corvair using a vented battery. I knew that there were
some cars out there that put the battery under the rear seat, but
figured that practice went out with the original Beetle and Saab. And
who would have guessed that any of them would have used a vented
battery? But I guess it shouldn't surprise me, what with the current
practice of cramming everything under the hood so tightly anymore. And
who knows why engineers would have specified a vented battery, given
that car companies don't put ANY such thing in a car that they don't see
as an absolute necessity.

Sure would be interesting to dig up one of these modern vented battery
arrangements and use it in a LM Corvair.

-Mark