<VV> Re: OILS

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Mar 30 03:40:04 EST 2005

i have always used  deisel rated oils such as xlo or better,  now most oils
are rated fine. used the same in boats with good results. in the old days multi
oils would break down like water in corvairs that weerre run hard but the
newer stuff is mostly ok. the big thing is to keep it changed. one of my old
street cars is still running fine with original engine and transmission (3.3 gm)
with 350,000 miles on it 150 miles or more a day. i have seen many  cars run
many hard miles on regular oils over the years,even engines that were not
supposed to be any good(350 gm deisels) .my ads were "change your oil , not your
engine" and it seems to still work.
regards, tim colson