<VV> starter questions

Jim Briggs jim_a_b3 at hotmail.com
Mon May 2 23:03:47 EDT 2005

Can anyone in FV or VV land tell me the mesurement from the mounting surface
to the front end of one of heavy duty gear reduction starters. I am
considering one to gain me some space for my planned radiator position on my
rear engine V8 conversion. I'm also consideriing using a '60 starter
nosecone to rotate the solenoid out of the way. I had not considered the
starter position until I mocked up a cardboard radiator this weekend. I
suppose I could go with a Olds/Buick starter if I have to.  Does any one out
there have any of these items they would reasonably part with, or any other
suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Jim Briggs
3 LM's