<VV> RE: [fastvair] starter questions

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH at NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Tue May 3 10:38:34 EDT 2005

Vendors sell mini-starters.  I am sure one could give you the oa length, etc
and you could buy one from them.

Chuck S
YS73

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Briggs [mailto:jim_a_b3 at hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 11:04 PM
To: fastvair at yahoogroups.com; virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: [fastvair] starter questions

Can anyone in FV or VV land tell me the mesurement from the mounting surface

to the front end of one of heavy duty gear reduction starters. I am
considering one to gain me some space for my planned radiator position on my

rear engine V8 conversion. I'm also consideriing using a '60 starter
nosecone to rotate the solenoid out of the way. I had not considered the
starter position until I mocked up a cardboard radiator this weekend. I
suppose I could go with a Olds/Buick starter if I have to.  Does any one out

there have any of these items they would reasonably part with, or any other
suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Jim Briggs
3 LM's

Help save the life of a child.  Support St. Jude Children's Research
Hospital's
'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/6iY7fA/5WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/EHYslB/TM

Yahoo! Groups Links