<VV> Front suspension upper A-arms

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Tue May 3 11:26:25 EDT 2005

There is definitely a difference in the upper arms.  I looked at an
assembled front end when I just rebuilt a front suspension for my dune
buggy.  The upper arm has a thick side and a thinner side.  The thick side
or higher side goes toward the front as far as I can tell.  My ball joints
are almost vertical from one another, which doesn't seem right.  You would
think the upper ball joint should trail the lower one to give you castor.
Would any Corvair mechanics like to chime in here?
Clark Hartzel