<VV> Teensy Positive Corvair PR Today

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 19:43:20 EDT 2005

Hey Fellow Corvangalists....

Had a small bit of positive Corvair conversion today.  Naturally, since
I'm using the "Screaming Yellow Zonker" as my daily driver now, most
everyone at work wanted a ride at some point.  Except one.  She's like
my favorite person at work, but wouldn't go for a ride with me.
Yesterday she spilled the beans that she had a cousin die in a Corvair
rollover, in the rain, when she was a young girl (she's 24 now). And
she vowed to never ride in one of these dangerous cars. Since she's a
victim of "Naderism",   I gave her the brief "they've been proven safe"
speech, and showed her that it sits so low, and the center of gravity
is so low, it'd be a fluke or true maniacal driving that would roll it.
Finally I convinced her. Her first comment upon getting in was "You
have to do something with this interior" (OK..it's RED..the car is
YELLOW). Went for a little spin around town and she came to like it.  I
was quoted as telling her "See? It stays flat. Can't tip over" She told
me that had to be my new MSN name, and now it is. I've convinced her
that Corvairs are OK. Her Dad is a mechanic at the local Chevy
Dealership, and we drove by and I told her we should pull in, she said
he'd kill her if he knew she was riding in a Corvair...haa..she was
kidding a bit....as I know him a bit too, and he thinks it's pretty
cool that we're working on them.  He's even offered to help Ryan get
his together.  So..chalk one up for the Corvangalists.

Tim