<VV> Drum roll please.... and the answer to the 66 140 Corsa that wants to run with the choke on.....

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Wed May 4 20:24:39 EDT 2005

Found the problem.

After troubleshooting the problem down to the fact that the left primary
carb was the one that wanted to run with the choke on... I pulled the carb.

I looked down inside the carb throat and you'll NEVER guess what I found.

The entire venturi cluster was MELTED down to a nub.  There was nothing but
a 1/8" nub of melted potmetal where the cluster was SUPPOSED to be.

Amazing...  utterly amazing.

I'll shoot a picture and put it on virtualcorvairclub.com shortly

Joe West
Administrator
http://www.virtualcorvairclub.com