<VV> Personal Corvair Milestone

billpat at telusplanet.net billpat at telusplanet.net
Thu May 5 09:01:57 EDT 2005

Now I know what I've been reading about the Corvair from you folks over the
past six months.  I finally got to drive my 63 Turbo vert last night which was
the first time I've been able to drive it period.....and the first time I've
driven any Corvair.  They do handle well, track like a champ and feel as solid
as any car I've ever had.  It started, ran and idled very well.  Finding the
gears was an adventure at first until I discovered you just go to the 4
corners of the 4 speed gear shift pattern.  Can't wait to bring the next one
home from Victoria BC next week, a 66 with PG.   Over the mountains in the
Spring of the year should be a delight.  Guess I'm a genuine Corvair fan, or
is that fanatic. Have much appreciated VV and personal help from Bob Gilbert,
Shaun, Joel, Mike, Greg and others.  Its been fun and can't wait for Portland
Bill Kronen
63 Spyder vert
66 Monza Coupe