<VV> A picture of the (ahem...) defective melted carb in my son's 66 Corsa that runs good for two minutes.

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Thu May 5 10:33:02 EDT 2005

Joe,
I appreciate the information. If we immediately went to the books, and
forced everyone to look stuff over completely before asking a question,
there would not be much of a forum to participate in.
  Its kind of like a
guessing game.  I have seen all kinds of carburetor problems, and can now
rebuild a set
practically in my sleep, and build them to a pretty high standard.  I want
to know what caused that sort of damage ( if not vandalism).  Just the
other day I went
through a set of 64 110 carbs to put on my Vert.  Its Venturi had two of
its arms broken off.  How?  Maybe abuse in the past sitting in a parts
drawer.  On your carb something like it being melted off is too wierd.

-Geoff Johnson