<VV> Bandwidth, was A picture of the (ahem...)

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Thu May 5 21:41:14 EDT 2005

Well I put "valuable" in quotes because I think given the text content of the VV list you would never in a million years use up any appreciable internet bandwidth.  I'm thinking that Chuck's original referal to bandwidth waste was in reference to his bandwidth - he had to read a lot of messages he wouldn't have had to had Joe done more investigating on his own before posting to VV.  I reiterate that I liked Joe's series of messages  and had no problem with them.  I think it's fine for people to present their problems here to initiate discussion.  It helps all of us learn more.  I don't have any problem scrolling through messages I'm not interested in (like anything pertaining to those early models - sorry Smitty - just joking ;) ).  Like I said before, VV is refreshingly free of the real waste of bandwidth that occurs in most newsgroups and mail lists.  I'll say it again: "I love VV!!"

mike

Message: 5
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 17:05:16 -0700
From: Shaun <shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca>

What exactly is the "value of bandwidth"?
Shaun "not a geek" McGarvey