<VV> Baffled- Fuel Problem

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Fri May 6 16:40:29 EDT 2005

Ray,

Is there a possibility that as the fuel was pulled from the tank in your
initial 25 mile trip it created a vacuum in the tank?  If this was the case,
topping off the tank may have solved the problem (temporarily) by releasing the
vacuum, not the addition of a couple of gallons of fuel.  You will be able to
prove or disprove this easily by driving around to see if the problem recurs and
then removing the filler cap to see if the problem goes away.  Was there a
hissing sound when you removed the cap the first time?

Just a thought.

Doc
In a message dated 5/5/2005 8:05:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time,