<VV> Turbo charger problem

Cliff & Darlene Pisenti cliffdar at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 6 23:10:39 EDT 2005

Frank

I get none of the indications that I would expect when getting "boost,"
(spin up of the turbine).

1) A boost in horse power
2) A turbine whine
3) Positive pressure on the manifold gage (it tested ok)

I have taken it out on the freeway numerous times trying to get the "boost"

I have also removed the turbine and and partially disassembled it, all
looks good with the right clearances (I have the GM Corvair shop manuals).

I can find no leaks in the exhaust, and tried with the muffler off to
eliminate a clogged or a wrong muffler.  I've run out of ideas, other
than the wrong exhaust housing.  Still trying to find out what
identifies the early and late housings.

You have a manual?

Appreciate any ideas.

Cliff