<VV> Failed Fuel Pump

kovacsmj kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 7 12:10:24 EDT 2005

I think you are OK. Reciprocating aircraft engines use to dilute the
engine oil with gasoline on shut down to reduce the viscosity when the
temps were to be very cold when starting. The hi volatile aviation gas
would vaporize quickly when the oil warmed up.

 Chances are you got 90+ % of the gasoline out of the oil system by
draining it. If I were you I would first prime the oil system by running
the oil pump to assure pure oil is now flowing into the main bearings
before the first start up. One fill up with oil should be enough. The
residual gasoline will vaporize and go out the crankcase vent into the
carbs.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS