<VV> Wire wheel hubcaps

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Sat May 7 13:13:08 EDT 2005

I'm in the process of taking apart and polishing my wire hubcaps.  The first
went very smoothly, but the one I'm on now, just won't go back together.
It's the first layer of wires and the hub that goes on top of them that is
giving me fits.  These wires don't want to lay as flat as those on the first
hubcap did and then when you put the hub over it, some of the wires are
mis-aligned with the slots in the hubs.

On the first hubcap,  I noticed that the artificial adjuster at the ends of
the wires were loose on some of them and this seemed to make them a little
more adjustable.  Should these things be loose so as to allow movement so
the hub can fit over them easier?

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member