<VV> Ohmygoodness... ohmygoodness!!!

Frog Princezz media_diva at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 8 10:09:56 EDT 2005

OHMYGOODNESS!!!!
After 7 hours of work on the vair, I (read as we) was able to get the sending unit back on along with new gas hoses and the upper engine shroud off the compartment vacuumed and reassembled.  Ohmygoodness there were enough nuts to feed a squirrel colony for a year in that sucker.  I'm gonna have to drop the lower shroud next cause I couldn't get all the nuts out.  The bad part is two of the bolt heads snapped off!
I put in about two gallons of gas hit the carbs with a little starting fluid and she came to life for about three seconds, hit it with a bit more fluid, tried her again and ohmygoodness she roared and keeped roaring until I let up off the gas and then she purred and didn't stop until I turned her off.  I turned the key and she started right up on her own and ran until I shut her down.  She smoked some and it smelled like the woods so that's how I know I need to drop the lower shroud next and a lot of smoke came from under the driver rear tire well... exhaust leak most likely.  Aside from a few busted bolts and knuckles it was a good day and I'm proud of my (read as our) acheivement so far.
Alesia 65 M-Vert
D.A.C.C