<VV> pressure bleeder

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Mon May 9 14:11:06 EDT 2005

I'm with Craig on this one. I like the Mighty Vac the best. And yes, the
bubbles that are seen in the clear suction hose by air leakage around the
bleeder screw is the only disadvantage. I suck (watch it!) till there's a
cupfull of fluid, so I know the line is purged. When using silicon fluid, I
DON'T dump the sucked fluid back into the MC, as silicon fluid aerates VERY
easily. I let it sit a day or so to let all the air bubbles escape, THEN put
it back in the bottle. DOT 3 doesn't do this.

I've a homemade pressure bleeder that pressurizes the MC reservoir with
compressed air, but found that leakage around the MC cover to be a pain,
unless I use only a pound or two of pressure.

Harry Yarnell
perryman garage and orphanage
perryman, MD
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net