<VV> Convertible Top Question

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Tue May 10 21:30:17 EDT 2005

Hi Bob,

Yes, this is completely normal... as long as the two bolts that it is
pivoting on are tight.  While the bow should rotate smoothly, it should not
move radially.  I assume that you are talking about the rear bow that has a
built-in tack strip... the one that the rear bow welting attaches to above
the rear window.

To prepare the frame... make sure all the tack strips are in good shape...
if you have new rubber weatherstripping for the side rails, attach them
loosely.  Make sure the side cables are in good shape and that the screws
that hold down the side pads are present (three each side I think).

Good luck.

Joe