<VV> VairAid- a thank you

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Wed May 11 15:07:23 EDT 2005

Hey guys and gals,
I don't know what to say. Thank you just doesn't seem like enough. Things
have been really tight around here, and I try to see the bright side at all
times. I don't like bringing up religion on the list, but I've been praying for
some help for quite a while. Cheryl has been talking about getting a second job
until the Doctor releases me for work, which could still be 8 to 10 weeks away.
When Hank and Roger asked me if I would allow them to do this, I told them
"Who am I to tell you what to do?"...
If I were to tell them "no" I'd be like that old farmer that was trapped on
the roof of his barn during the big flood... a fellow came by in a raft and
told him to get on, but the farmer replied "No thanks, God will provide"... the
water kept rising and then the guy in the motor boat stopped and told him to
get it, and still the farmer replied "No thanks, God will provide"... a little
bit later the water was at the peak of the barn, the farmer was holding on for
dear life, and here comes a helicopter. A bull horn squawks down to the farmer
"Grab the rope, we will pull you to safety!" and again the farmer replied "No
thanks, God will provide"... a few minutes later the barn gave way and the
farmer disappeared under the water... Moments later the farmer finds himself at
the Pearly Gates and there stands St. Peter. The farmer says "St. Pete, why
didn't God save me from drowning?" and St. Peter replied "Holy Cow! He sent 2
boats and a helicopter, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT???"
I always try to use humor in a bad situation... its a good thing to laugh at
oneself from time to time.
I see this "VairAid", as someone has so aptly named, as an answer to some of
my prayers... and it is appreciated. I can only hope that I can help out some
of you in the future as much as you have helped me now. If anyone has a reason
to feel like George Bailey (Its a Wonderful Life) its me, because I feel like
I have friends crawling out of the woodwork. Well, all I can say right now is
Thank you, and God bless you... and I still haven't said enough. You guys are
the best bunch of people a fellow could ever want to know and call friend. I
owe you my undying gratitude for wanting to help out my family. That is
something I will ALWAYS remember.
Sincerely,
Lon Anderson