<VV> bad car adventures

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Thu May 12 09:44:52 EDT 2005

Folks
Someone should put these into pamphlet form, these tales are something!

In the 80's a man in Theodore, AL advertised a 64 Spyder --" a classic, garaged kept car" for 4000.00   After a 3 hour trip with truck and trailer from LA, (that's Louisiana, the car already was in Lower Alabama) Here's what was found

a 64 Monza---Carport Kept.   Rear window channel rusted to where the window fell in the back seat. Engine---just the block, jugs and heads--corroded. No carpet---a flashlight shown from under the car a beautiful lace pattern of light. Other body cancers evident.

The Owner said "But it's a Classic!"  I told the guy yep, it's a classic piece of crap, and if you pay ME the 60 dollars we spent on gas, and another 50 on top of it, I'll haul it away for you!!

Worse yet was the 60 2dr I was offered in IN, the pictures showed it a beautiful car,  My price was agreed upon, and when I e-mailed the owner for directions he told me while he was out of town his wife sold it to someone else!!!!  I still have trouble swallowing down that a guy lets his wife sell a car titled in his name and lets someone  tote it away while  he's out of town, without his consent or prior knowledge,  but its gone now....and he swears it's the truth.  All I can say is if Wanda did that with ANYTHING of mine, she'd be needing surgery to remove most all of my leg from her behind. I sure as hell wouldn't do that with something of hers.

Caveat Emptor, I suppose--regardless of the description, whether or not you know and trust the person too.

Hank