<VV> RE: corvairs from Hell

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Thu May 12 10:15:54 EDT 2005

Here's one:

My neighbor has taken a liking to my corvairs, so one day he comes over with
the cheshire cat smile on his face, telling me he just bought a corvair from
someone he met in a bar. Right away I smell trouble.'He shows me this '65
coupe he bought with a 'small exhaust leak'. PO says its just a gasket. 'You
got one of them gaskets?', he asked?
The 'leak' didn't sound right. Turns out it was a holed piston.
I just happened to have a rebuilt 110 ready to install, and after the shock
of the double whammy of the diagnosis and the cost of a replacement engine,
he offered to help install said replacement.
Oh, it was cheaper to replace the engine, as he didn't want to hear the cost
of an engine overhaul, and I wanted to get rid, er, find a use for the
rebuilt that had been in storage for too long. He was happy with the end
product, and so was I.

Harry Yarnell
perryman garage and orphanage
perryman, MD