<VV> Corvair Values

Bill Chellis chelvis at camano.net
Thu May 12 21:54:27 EDT 2005

Good evening folks:

Finally a car has appeared for sale that I don't need to book a flight
to do an inspection. It is a 1964 yellow/blk Monza 110HP/4spd that appears
to be in good to excellent condition. The seller tells me that it is rust and bondo free,
has been repainted and as the original interior. The engine has not been rebuilt and
he claims 78,000 miles. Has a minor oil leak. No aftermarket equipment except for gauges.

Assuming it starts, runs and drives fine what price range represents "fair market value"
for a car in that condition.

The price guides (Mannheim Gold and the one on ACORNS) that I checked
were at least $2000 apart on this car for the same condition.

Thanks.

Bill Chellis