<VV> RE: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 4, Issue 71

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Fri May 13 21:52:52 EDT 2005

Re: backwards converter:

At 02:39 hours 05/13/2005, Harry Yarnell wrote:
>This is correct. I'm surprised no one picked that up.

Not me.   *I* picked it up first thing.    I know someone who attempted
this sort of thing a long time ago and he had difficulties accepting the
fact that a Corvair converter only works correctly in one direction.   And
*that* directions is backwards, compared to all other GM converters, none
of which will operate quite right spinning backwards either.    Oh, they'll
work, but not well; there are angled vanes which won't be taking the right
"bite" of the ATF.

Then again, if you don't mind the slipping...

tony..