<VV> Re: CORVAIR POWER

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat May 14 03:22:25 EDT 2005

In a message dated 5/13/2005 4:20:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,  N2VZD at aol.com
writes:

taxing  my poor memory again , but i did see a kidde train powered by a 110
corvair engine at a tourist  trap in vt about 5 years ago.

A company in Mountain View, CA, Arrow industries, made amusement  rides,
including a small gage railroad with a Corvair engine and PG trans. They  may have
built the one you saw. There was one installed at Frontier  Village in San
Jose, CA. Back in the 1970's, I rode the train and interviewed  the head
mechanic about the maintenance he performed on it. It was written up in  an article
later copied in the Communique, I believe. When that park was sold  for
housing, the complete train including the track and all rolling stock was  moved to
some large shopping center somewhere in southern CA, Orange county, I  believe.
I'm not sure.

Seth  Emerson
Sethracer at aol.com
C's the day! Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette