<VV> Thermostats

Ewell Mills emills5 at cfl.rr.com
Sat May 14 12:27:45 EDT 2005

They are supposed to fail fully open, but I have one in hand that will only open about half way.  Closes O.K.  Caused left bank to overheat.
I have a replacement on order, but may not install it until winter.  I feel better down here in Florida without them, especially in the summer with A/C. I have tried running with just the thermostats and damper doors removed, but engine runs much cooler with the entire  lower shrouds removed. With static temperatures in the 90's during the summer, I feel the cars warm up quickly enough without them to keep from causing any damage to the engine. Just my .02 cents worth.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.