<VV> Gasoline Coming Out Exhaust

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Sun May 15 16:48:23 EDT 2005

You may have a stuck carburetor float (which you can't see) and it may have
become unstuck already. If not, a few raps on the carburetor with the handle
of a screwdriver (anything hard, plastic) may get it loose (you can't see
it, of course).
     Try to get at least the back of the car outside and have a fire
extinguisher handy - you've got a fire hazard here. But it may fix itself
very easily. If it doesn't, take the air cleaner off and look for a
dribbling carb. NEVER put your face over a carb when the engine is running.
While the engine is running ALWAYS use a hand mirror - a backflash will
quite ruin your day.
     If you have an electric fuel pump, particularly one that can run
without the engine running, you will be in danger of hydrolock and (too
much) oil in the crankcase. Include this information in any future posts on
this subject.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C