<VV> stuff in FC's

MarPack57 at aol.com MarPack57 at aol.com
Sun May 15 17:39:39 EDT 2005

Yesterday my buddy Jim and I picked up my newly acquired 62 Corvan. When we
arrived and looked it over there was a huge block of solid steel bolted to the
front floor to the right of the shifter. This thing had to weigh at least
200lbs. We had the PO unbolt it at his shop and it took 4 of us to wiggle it to
the door and shove it on the ground. Took a huge gouge out of his driveway. Van
raised up at least 3" after that. What it was there for we have no idea,
neither did the owner.
  Also noticed a little more pronounced camber to the rear wheels then we're
used to seeing. Owner didn't know much about any previous work. Seems to run
and drive OK. Anyone have any ideas? should I be concerned?
   Ed in Fla with more Corvairs then ever before.HELP!!!!