<VV> No Corvair -- Chevy Van For Sale, NJ

Robert Marlow, Vairtec Corp. vairtec at optonline.net
Mon May 16 10:15:28 EDT 2005

Blatant self-serving ad:

Friends--

A few weeks ago, Pete Koehler and I purchased a 1987 Chevy G-20 van from
local club member Steve Calandra.  Steve is under pressure from his town to
reduce the number of vehicles in his yard, and so this transaction served
several purposes:

==> It got the van out of Steve's yard
==> It gave me a box-shaped vehicle in which to move things to my new house
==> It gave Pete a van to fix up and re-sell after my move

This is a great-running and solid van with only one serious flaw:  It needs
to have its transmission rebuilt or replaced.  It will not shift into high
gear and it pushes transmission fluid out the dipstick tube when
hot.  However, for the price paid we have no complaints at all.

The van is now located at my new house in Annandale, NJ.  We have finished
using it for the move, and Pete is unable to take it back to Detroit as was
the original plan -- it does not fit on his trailer.  With the transmission
problem it is not suitable to drive any real distance, so we're simply
going to sell it as-is where-is.

It has a 350-V8, air conditioning, a valid NJ inspection sticker, and it is
straight and solid.  The tired transmission is a THM-400.  A quick $600 and
this van is yours.  Fix or replace the trans and you have a van worth quite
a bit more than that.

Anyone need an inexpensive van?  Anyone know anyone who needs an
inexpensive van?

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net