<VV> Lakewood Purchase

Donald Manen donmanen at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 10:09:23 EDT 2005

Yesterday, I purchased a '61 Lakewood in Dallas with
the intent of using it as a "parts" car----believe it
or not--- the car was in even better condition than
the owner described--- this is the reverse of all my
past experience---lots of new parts evident without
even jacking the thing up--- I even got a decent
fender to replace the bent one on the car---however-
most of the parts on the car duplicate work I have
already done on my project and other parts that I
needed were included this deal.  This is REALLY too
good to "part out" - I swear that on my CORSA
membership card.  The PO says the car was parked for
electrical problems-preventing him from starting the
rebuilt original engine ---I'm going to try to start
it today.

The General that lives in my house (I'm ex-enlisted)
will never approve my having two Lakewoods (besides,
I'm reserving that spot for an early convert)
SSSSSoooooooo---

My Corvair conscious will not let me cut this car
apart-
I paid $500 for the car- if you want it- that's the
sale price- it is titled in Texas.  I won't take up
space with listing things I have already seen on the
car- if you're interested- email me directly--
Pictures (approx 75) are at- (I hope)

http://homepage.mac.com/dcworth/PhotoAlbum2.html

The car is now in Floresville, Texas- approx 400 miles
South of it's home yesterday-12 hours of a-- time in
my haul rig.

Don Manen
At the Gopher Ranch