<VV> Backlite trim cleaning??

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Mon May 16 11:02:49 EDT 2005

Hank,

You may want to try softening up the material with a heat-gun (Ideally) or a
good hair-dryer set to it's hottest setting. I've used this before to remove
old epoxy and it shouldn't harm the trim. Pure silicone rubber doesn't get
hard so I doubt that this is silicone... it could be latex based sealant, in
which case the heat-gun method should also work.

Joe

On 5/16/05 6:28 AM, "henry kaczmarek" <kaczmarek at charter.net> wrote:

> folks
>
> Cleaning up the stainless trim for the windshield and backlite on the EUM this
> weekend, the front cleaned up pretty good, a light cleaning with bon-ami and a
<snip>

Joe West
Administrator
http://www.virtualcorvairclub.com