Fw: <VV> Gasoline Coming Out Exhaust

Norgehyde at aol.com Norgehyde at aol.com
Mon May 16 13:25:26 EDT 2005

>It's impossible for gasoline to come out the exhaust.
>Good Point - No matter how  rich you run it, It will always burn ->

>wrong,   wrong, wrong (and I have a witness)

UNSNIP.......

I would assume that no one who answered this claiming that gas cannot come
out the exhaust has never had an emissions test on a car. That is exactly what
is looked for. un-burned gasoline (hydrocarbons) . Only so much gasoline can be
burned. After that all the oxygen is exhausted and the rest is left unburned.
usually in a vapor state. It would then exit the exhaust and condense as is
cooled on its way down the exhaust (only some of it that is) and then come out
the tail pipe. If you don't believe it run a hose into your carburetor pouring
in gas and put a flame at the exhaust. start the car and run like ....  You
will get the proof

Eric W. Holte
66 corsa 140/4