Fwd: Fw: <VV> Gasoline Coming Out Exhaust

Norgehyde at aol.com Norgehyde at aol.com
Mon May 16 13:36:15 EDT 2005

Follow up.
Actually I believe to my knowledge that the corvair is the only engine that
can actually spew gasoline out its exhaust. The unique two (four) carburetor
set up allows one side to flood while the other bank of cylinders run at proper
mixture. It would run poorly but the engine would still most likely run. all
other autos with single carburetors would stall as soon as the mixture reached
the point where there was too much gas in the mix to actually burn

Eric W. Holte
66 corsa 140/4 convertible