<VV> Re: Lunacy on e-bay!

Ken Maxwell kobramax at insightbb.com
Mon May 16 18:02:31 EDT 2005

Hi Guys!

I bid on the tool kit. I bid what a Corvair guy would bid, $10.50! It went for just a little more, but I knew it would. My brother is a Cobra collector (real AC ones, 2-289's and one 427) and he would think nothing of giving $1,000.00 for an original 99 cent Cobra screwdriver. Of course, the cars are worth just a little more than our Corvairs! I checked out the buyer's purchase history on the $500 + tool set and I was surprised to see that he appears to be an early 60's Chevy truck guy! I had envisioned a Vette guy.  I have sold several Corvair items on e-bay for ridiculous prices because they also fit other Chevys such as Camaros and Corvettes. The bottom line is, the more your car is worth, the more some people are willing to pay ridiculous prices for seemingly cheap items. Check your garages, you might have gold in them thar Corvair parts!

Ken Maxwell
Louisville, KY
(2) cheap 69 convertibles