<VV> REALITY HAS STRUCK

Louis C. Armer, Jr. carmerjr at mindspring.com
Mon May 16 23:17:04 EDT 2005

We can no longer take our car's security for granted. This is TWO extremely
nice
LM Corvair Convertibles  stolen in the last six weeks in the southeast. As
you may
remember Phil Parkey and Ben Lewis lost their 1965 Concours quality convertible
around the 2nd or 3rd of April. I don't know that this is becoming a trend
but our cars
are easy prey in their stock ignition setup and easy engine lid access. Be
alert and
exercise good sense about storage and parking of your Corvair. It appears
that we are
going to have to use ignition disabling devices and battery disconnects as
well as some
sort of engine lid locks to at least deter thievery and theft of our
Corvairs. I personally
suspect these nice Corvairs are being shipped out of the USA to overseas
buyers.

Chuck Armer

Corvair Atlanta, BOD
CORSA MEMBER