<VV> VA antique vehicle plates

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Tue May 17 12:43:40 EDT 2005

Is there anyone here who knows the laws pertaining to antique/vintage plates in Virginia?  Specifically does it exempt you from the state safety inspection?  I was under the impression (from club members and the DMV) that it did.  I got pulled over this morning by one of York countie's finest and he claims it doesn't.  I ended up not getting a ticket (but I had to listen to an hour long lecture on biblical revelations?!?!?).  I want to do the right thing but I don't want to be bullied by the local sheriff deputies into doing something that isn't required.  Can anyone point me to the pertinant VA codes?  thanks

mike