<VV> Stolen Corvair (New Train?)

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Tue May 17 15:04:41 EDT 2005

Any vehicle with valuable parts is a target for theft.  This includes both
newer cars and classics.  With the risk of sounding paranoid, I always watch to
see if I am followed when I drive one of my classic cars and especially when I
drive my Harley.  The dirt balls see a vehicle on the road that has some
value to them and follow you to see where you park it.  I have been followed on my
bike more than once.  One of my chapter member's lost his very nice 64 coupe
while in our chapter meeting.  What an unpleasant surprise when the meeting
ended.

I think that a valuable discussion here on VV might be "How do we protect our
Corvairs from theft?"  Has anyone installed anti theft devices in their Vairs
and could you give the rest of us some pointers on good or bad technologies,
which type might be best so that you don't lose points on concourse events,
etc?  Obviously, we can go to the local car stereo / car alarm shop but it would
still be helpful to learn of any real world experiences.

Doc
'60 Vette; '61 Rampside; '64 Spyder; '65 Greenbrier; '66 Corsa; '67 Nova SS;
'68 Camaro ragtop
In a message dated 5/16/2005 8:36:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time,