<VV> Re: Collector Plates - sort of Corvair

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 18:31:26 EDT 2005

Actually, the law requires one plate for a car with various collector
plates, or even it's it's only ELIGIBLE for collector plates, but has
regular plates. I've had year of orgin plates on my Edsel for 8 years
with no problem, with one plate on the back.  This according to the
local DMV and MSRA inspectors.....part of the statute follows:

(d) If the vehicle is (1) a collector's vehicle with a pioneer, classic
car, collector, or street rod license; (2) a vehicle that meets the
requirements of a pioneer, classic, or street rod vehicle except that
the vehicle is used for general transportation purposes; or (3) a
vehicle that is of model year 1972 or earlier, not registered under
section 168.10, subdivision 1c, and is used for general transportation
purposes, one plate shall be displayed on the rear of the vehicle, or
one plate on the front and one on the rear, at the discretion of the
owner.

Tim