<VV> Crank Nitriding/Engine case question Question

AKG hdflstf at earthlink.net
Wed May 18 00:42:18 EDT 2005

One other item regarding the 140/turbo cranks that are nitrided.  These
cranks are also heat treated for additional strength.  Ref. The Classic
Corvair pg 138 (thanks Bob).  This is something that can be done to a
"regular" crank.  Process wise, I think the heat treat would be first
followed be nitriding.

The Artful Dodger