<VV> Parts house fun

Keith Hammett khammett at stainlessfab.com
Thu May 19 08:41:32 EDT 2005

Last night I went by the local parts house.  Walked in and right up to the
counter.  Now nothing against a women working at an auto parts counter, but
I spent 45 minutes getting a belt and a brake line.  I showed her what I
wanted and she asked what it was off of.  I informed her that she would not
have it in her computer and it would be easier to just match it up.  The guy
that normally helps me started laughing and insisted that I let her look it
up, so I told her it was off a '62 Corvair95.  She just looked at me, she
never heard of one.  The belt was more fun.  She tried looking it up in the
book, but it was useless.  You needed the original number off the belt in
order to find the gates equivalent power belt number.  Someone told her to
just measure it, after doing this she kept looking in the book instead of
going to the shelf and getting the belt.  Once she did get a belt she didn't
think about the width and we got to spend more time trying to figure out
what to do.  A positive on this is that she was a nice looking blonde, she
can look up my parts anytime...

Thank goodness we don't have to go through this every time we need a part
for our vairs.  Way to go Vendors!

Keith Hammett