<VV> 100ft lbs torque?

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Thu May 19 16:44:03 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "kovacsmj" <kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net>

I am preparing to install a PG transaxle on my rebuilt engine. Prior to
installation I replaced the axle seals in the differential. The '65 book
says 100 fl lbs for the bolt that holds the yoke in. That seems awful
high for such a small bolt.
*********
I wonder if there was a typo; for about a quarter inch bolt, around 100 INCH
pounds would be a ballpark torque figure.  I think I would use in/lbs, and
dab a little blue ( mild ) loc tite on the bolt .... belt and suspenders, I
always say.
My free advice,  & worth every bit ... ken campbell, threaded to the wall in
Iowuh