<VV> Turbo Question (humor?)

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Thu May 19 17:07:04 EDT 2005

These two engines (Jetfire and Spyder) came out in '62 so I think it might
be appropriate to compare the turbo's gain to the engines available at the
time.
8:1 Corvair engine = 80hp,  Max, prior to the Spyder 150 was  102.  I'd call
it somewhere between 88% and 47%... but I'm just giving you  a bad time!  This
is VV afterall - land of the picky-picky-pickys  <GGG>
C.Nicol (read: "cynical")

1964 normally aspirated engine = 110hp

40% increase would  be 154 hp (110 + 44).

1964 Turbo engine made 150 hp.

I figured  that was close enough for "government work".

Jetfire made only about a  16% power increase. (185hp to 215)

Which part of this was new  math?

Bill