<VV> The sucker not only runs, it flies!

Bob & Kathy Gilbert bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca
Thu May 19 22:58:08 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Latest news.

Today I got plates and decided to take the car out for a test drive. I got
to the end of the street and it felt so good, I said, "what the hey" and
kept on going. Then I got to the highway and said "what the hey" again. I
ventured out on the highway. Only about a kilometer or so before my turn off
but I had the old girl up to 60 MPH. A bit of a miss here and there but not
bad for rough tuning by ear and only eyeball alignment. Nothing broke,
nothing fell off (or nothing that I know about yet!). Too cool!

I might have kept going but we were on the edge of a huge storm and given
that the car is topless - well it wouldn't have been pretty!

Not everything is working yet and it's still a long way from really being
roadworthy but it sure feels good.

Bob