<VV> TIME TO CATCH UP WITH THINGS. SOME CORVAIR, and other fun things!

BRUCE BLACKMON blackmon at llano.net
Thu May 19 23:22:28 EDT 2005

Things have finally settled down enough to do some catching up. I survived the city codes enforcement raid, no citations, but a long look from the codes people, then they moved on. Spent the day before cleaning the carport, and covering Conan, the 65 corsa, and Gretchen, the 61 Lakewood, and throwing away a bunch of trash. More on that later! A very good family reunion the next week, with cousins who have not seen each other in 30 to 40 years. Got through that, and it was time to worry about computers. YES, I finally got it back from the guy, it works, but many things missing, all my 200 photos, and my business cards. It is just about like it was, and I hope I can reformat disk with an old HP recover set I have, we'll see. Now, remember the trash part? A bunch of stuff from the carport, and a BUNCH more that had been in the van since I helped clean out Snappy's place, ( the cat Lady), lots of boxes of mags, and all kinds of stuff. It had ALL been gone through by the Bank Lady, and was told to toss it all. The van was half full of this stuff. I am not one to just throw stuff away, somebody can use it somehow. I went through things, before I tossed it. A bunch of mags my cousin could use in 6th grade science, and something told me take one more look through things. I was flipping through one box and saw something. An old bank envelope. I thought,NO, I can't be that lucky, things like that don't happen to me. Dug back through and finally found it. 15 crisp, 1987 series $100 bills! It had been there since 87, forgotten about.  One last gift from Snappy. The Banker had been through it, and said toss it, so it was trash. I ain't tellin'. So, got a new computer with a large portion of it. An HP 1080, or something like it, Pent4, 3.2 Gig processor, 1 Gig SDRAM, 200Gig hard drive, DVD/CD rom, AND a DVD/CD+ - DUAL LAYER burner. All the fun plug-ins, and an HP camera, and photo printer.This thing is FAST, 3.2 Gig beats 500mb anytime! It is going to take a while to learn all the stuff on this thing, but the good news is, My Corvair disks, Detroit Iron, shop manual, and Corvair Basics are loaded and work just fine, Thank You BOB! I still have enough left for Corvair parts, so I have to sit down and order stuff, as much as I can, so vendors get ready, for real this time, brakes, carbs and a fan bearing at least, I hope more, we'll see. It is time to work on Corvairs, and Lord knows I have a lot to do. Sorry it's so long, but it has been a fun 2 or 3 months, and I had to tell somebody! I may as well tell you guys, and gals, you're Family as well. Thanks BRUCE How sad, spell check didn't know Corvair, it does now!