<VV> Marshalltown time trial

Levair at aol.com Levair at aol.com
Fri May 20 11:55:22 EDT 2005

All.

This is a reminder that the entry deadline for the Marshalltown Fire and Ice
Time Trial in connection with the Iowa regional convention is June 1st.
   After June 1st a 50% late fee will be charged (40 +20).
Absolute entry limit is 46 cars.
   The time trial is on a wide Kart track about .7 miles long. It doubles
back upon itself so that the entire track can be viewed by spectators. NO Pylons.
  Two laps per each run. The fewer entries, the more runs we get---see above.
   This is a nice medium speed event; slower than a race track event but
faster than an autocross. NO obstacles. Very suitable for pure stock cars.
   I ran my Stinger there with 3.27 gears and 22" tires and ran a little of
third gear on the longest straight. I'll be driving the Thomas/Roe car this
year with track gearing. I was the first car entered.
    My record there WILL be broken.  I hope that a LeVeque breaks it. I have
a huge Tweety ready for the overall winner.
   The quality of the trophies will be completely determined by the numbers
of entries received before June 1st.
   If you have ever planned an event , then you know have frustrating it is
to plan when the entrants don't help you by entering early. We always have a
enough entries but have to sweat it up to the last minute.
   NECC is in the same Deliema to have to sweat $10,000 or more money up
front.
  I'd enter Portland and Beaver Run today if I could get the entry
forms>GGG>,.
Warren