Fwd: <VV> Alternative to Inline gas turnoff ?

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Fri May 20 16:12:01 EDT 2005

In a message dated 5/18/2005 1:43:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Sethracer at aol.com writes:

> The only theft deterrent that I will put on my car is  the one that
> completely disables the car from starting to begin with. Time  is not a
> thiefs friend,
> so the more delay that you can put into his task,  the less likely the theft
>
> will occur...

How about an electrical combination lock.  I haven't put it on a car yet, but
you put four or five mini pushbutton switches in a smallish box and run your
main red wire through it.  The box can be on the floor within reach of the
driver's seat, but out of the way.  Some, but not all of the switches are
connected so that current flows only when the right "combination" of switch buttons
is pushed.  This was used for the outside switch on a garage door opener a
friend had.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier