<VV> Distributor bushing replacement question.

Larry Forman Larry at forman.net
Fri May 20 21:13:37 EDT 2005

At 09:54 AM 5/20/2005 -0700, Macdonald David wrote:
>I'm tracking down an occasional backfire through the
>car, always on the left side. It happens as I tip in
>the throttle lightly when cruising at about 2000 rpm.
>
>David Macdonald
>'65 Canadian Corsa 140 Coupe

Hi David,
Whenever I hear "backfire occasionally" I think of an exhaust donut
leaking.  This is especially true if you are slowing down and have
headers.  Regardless, I would check the exhaust packings on that side.  It
is a quick check and you should see signs of a leak if it is there, like a
carbon track or the packing partly or totally gone.  If that is it, you
could chase other things forever.

-- Larry