<VV> Oil cooler cleaning(need quick answer)

Ryan Verthein chevyd51 at yahoo.com
Sat May 21 14:55:46 EDT 2005

I'm cleaning out my 12 plate oil cooler, and I'm
wondering if I could just put the thing in some REALLY
hot sudsy water and leave it there for a while...or
even boil it in hot water?  something to break up more
guck and dirt...

I have tried cleaning the outside, and now I think I'm
going to probably need some foamy engine bright...but
I want to clean the insides good, and I figure soaking
it would probably do some good, but I'm just not sure.

I took the garden hose after the insides-ran it into
one hole, and let the pressure shoot the the other
hole...that got some goo out of it, but there's still
stuff in there, and I'd like to make sure I get it
all.

I don't have a compressor here, either, so I'm sort of
lost for that...

If I really need one though, Scott my buddy has one
that I could use if that's in fact the way I gotta go.

Please don't give me a completely different answer
unless it's a really good one, and you're answering
mine too, I'd be real happy that way  ;-)

Thanks very much,
Ryan

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html