<VV> Alternator Pulley Grip

goofyroo at excite.com goofyroo at excite.com
Sat May 21 16:00:56 EDT 2005

I don't know how to check the alternator's temp, or know what its range is, but heat is definitely a factor here. The voltage drop begins after a couple of miles' driving, sooner as it's hotter outside.

Whether it's the belt/pulley/alt being affected, I'll have to work through one at a time. The previous alt did the same thing, so I'll start with the belt. Maybe a narrower one will grip better, or I need a wider pulley.

Michael